Wednesday 8 February 2012

Only two things are certain: death and ....

Yeah... taxes.

There is a car in our road that has pretty much been abandoned for months. My girlfriend discovered that it has no tax (expired Feb 2011!) and no insurance. So she's called the council to report it.

This made me check the status of each of my own cars.

According to the sale advert on eBay, the 306 should be taxed until April 2012 (two months) but it's not. It's SORN. Oops! That means that I can't drive the car technically. I'm going to pick up a six month tax disc tomorrow, but I'm a little annoyed. The car was supposed to have tax, and while it has a tax disk on it, it's not legal to drive it.

I've messaged the seller on eBay and asked for a refund for two months worth. She seemed a nice girl, so let's hope she'll do the right thing. Hmm.

Costs: tax £118 for six months.

Oh, and I acquired four dust caps for nothing from a certain car (see above!) that very soon will be removed from our street and turned into a little cube.

No comments:

Post a Comment