Wednesday 15 February 2012

We Have Sounds!

It took me about five minutes to fit the radio with the kit that I bought. Much better than the old days where I would spend hours fitting a stereo. No more cutting wires, soldering them, fixing together with 'chop block' and taping it all up securely. The kit was £10 well spent.

The kit contains a special 306 shaped hole adapter, an antenna converter and converter cabling from Peugeot loom to standard ISO fittings.



Fitting the radio was simplicity itself. The wiring loom needs to go through the front of the 306 face plate adapter so that the radio is holding it in when it's in the car. Then you just connect up the wires into the appropriate sockets and slide it into place.




There was a third wiring loom on the Peugeot radio that there is no replication for in the ISO loom, or the converter cabling. I suspect that this is for the optional CD changer (that I don't have) and the steering wheel volume controls. I've checked and I have sound coming out of all the speakers, so whatever it is for, it isn't causing any problems for me!

Finally, here are some pictures with and without the stereo faceplate:



Not bad for a free radio and a £10 kit. It sounds great too. I'll be mostly using it with an old iPod Mini and FM transmitter donated by my girlfriend. That should keep us sane and the kids happy when we take them off on trips on the weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment